Types of Assistance
Our food pantry provides a balanced food order to qualifying clients on a monthly basis. A typical food order includes (as stock allows):
- Canned Goods: Vegetables, Soups, Beans, Chili, Stew, Fruits, Spaghetti Sauce, Juice
- Dry goods: Pinto Beans, Rice, Spaghetti, Macaroni, Ramen Noodles, Cereal
- Frozen Goods: Ground Beef, Chicken, Hot Dogs, Bologna, Pizza
- Fresh Goods: Eggs, Milk, Bakery items
Clothing may be available to new clients during the first three months they receive assistance.
Prescriptions may be available on a limited basis and are filled only through Ben Franklin Pharmacy. D.O.M. does not dispense prescriptions or carry any on hand.
City of Duncanville water payment assistance may be provided when funds are available. This service is limited to once a year.
TXU and Reliant provide funds to assist clients in paying their respective bills. This service is limited to once a year.
Assistance with rent is very limited and provided only when funds are available. This service is limited to once a year.
How to Qualify for Assistance
Basic Qualifications to Become a Client And Receive Assistance:
- Live in Duncanville zip codes 75116 or 75137
- Meet TEFAP/TDA income guidelines
Documents New Clients Are Requested to Bring to DOM:
- Drivers license (If none, we can accept Texas ID, passport, or immigration papers)
- Birth certificates for all children 10 and under
- Electric bill, Water bill, or Natural Gas bill in your name, or letter from Apartment manager from the current month
- Proof of income for the past 30 days
Duncanville Outreach Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Provider.